Wednesday, February 16, 2011

F.B.I. Investigating Big Contracts With Halliburton to Repair Iraq Oil Fields


In my research, I came across an article from October 29, 2004. Which claims that the F.B.I. is investigating Halliburton’s (KGB) contracts to repair Iraq oil fields. In this case the F.B.I. is investigating on whether the Army’s handling of contracts violated procurement rules. They investigated Bunnatine H. Greenhouse the chief of contracting with the Army Corps of Engineers.  Her lawyer stated that the Army Corps of Engineers had been trying to remove her as chief contract monitor after she had been persistently asking questions about Halliburton’s contracts.
The Iraq War caused high priced imported fuels in Iraq. Which had gotten the Pentagon’s auditors attention, they say that the government had been overcharged by $61 million. The reason I had picked this article, was that the Oil industries in Iraq are rather vague and unexpectable of their actions. Halliburton’s contracts must be kept closely watched, as along with their actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment